Bystolic is used for treating high blood pressure. Bystolic is a beta-blocker. It works by slowing down the heart and decreasing the amount of blood it pumps out. This helps to decrease blood pressure, helps the heart pump more efficiently, and reduces the workload on the heart.
Use Bystolic as directed by your doctor.
- Take Bystolic by mouth with or without food.
- Take Bystolic on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Bystolic at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Bystolic even if you fell well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Bystolic, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Bystolic without first talking with your doctor. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, chest pain, irregular heartbeat). If you need to stop Bystolic or add a new medicine, your doctor may need to gradually lower your dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Bystolic.
Store Bystolic at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Bystolic out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Nebivolol