Nizoral is used for treating fungal infections. Nizoral is an azole antifungal. It kills sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
Use Nizoral as directed by your doctor!
- Take Nizoral by mouth with or without food.
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Nizoral.
- If you are also taking an anticholinergic (eg, hyoscyamine), an H2 antagonist (eg, famotidine), or a proton pump inhibitor (eg, omeprazole), take Nizoral at least 2 hours before the H2 antagonist, proton pump inhibitor, or anticholinergic.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Nizoral for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Nizoral works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of Nizoral, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Nizoral.
Store Nizoral between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Nizoral out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Ketoconazole.