Revatio is indicated for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Revatio is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It works by relaxing and dilating the blood vessels in the lungs. This lowers the blood pressure in the lungs and helps to improve your ability to exercise.
Use Revatio as directed by your doctor.
- Take Revatio by mouth with or without food. Take your doses 4 to 6 hours apart unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Take Revatio on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Take it at the same times each day.
- Continue to take Revatio even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Revatio or change your dose without talking to your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Revatio, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
The recommended dose of Revatio is 20 mg three times a day (TID). Treatment with doses higher than 20 mg TID is not recommended. Dosages lower than 20 mg TID were not tested. Whether dosages lower than 20 mg TID are effective is not known.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Revatio.
Store Revatio at room temperature at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Revatio out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Sildenafil citrate.